Gutter Cleaning Perfection
We cannot stress enough how important cleaning and maintaining your gutters is to your building’s wellbeing. Although gutters often go unnoticed when they are in good working order, a clogged, dirty gutter will make itself known in some unpleasant and sometimes costly ways. Our team here at Perth Roofing and Gutters have witnessed many expensive problems that simple gutter cleaning and maintenance prevent. Here are a few issues that may arise from neglected gutters.
- Leaks in the roof – When gutters are full of leaves and other debris, rainwater can back up into your roof causing leaks and potentially sizeable areas of significant damage to wood, drywall, and the contents of your home or business.
- Damage to brackets – The weight of wet leaves and pooling water will often prove to be too much for the brackets that hold up your gutters. While a broken bracket is not a major problem, many broken brackets may cause sections of your gutter to fall and create more damage.
- Destruction of the Fascia – The fascia is the board which is directly under the gutters. Backing up water consistently flowing over it will cause the wood to rot.
- Foundation problems – If the water that overflows from clogged gutters pools near the foundation it can seep into cracks widening them and compromising the foundation of the structure.
- Home for pests – Pools of water in a gutter make ideal breeding grounds for mosquitos and other insects. Clumps of leaves make comfortable homes for critters of all types, creating a new set of problems.
- Ruin landscape – Subjecting landscaping to a constant deluge of water whenever rains come, will wash away soil and can over water plants to the point of death.
Gutters require cleaning a minimum of twice a year, more often if you live in an area with an abundance of trees. We find that many homeowners attempt to clean their gutters and discover how unpleasant and dangerous this task is. We have the best price in the area for gutter and downspout cleaning, and we believe there are several reasons why hiring a professional to clean your gutters is the way to go.
- A full inspection – Aside from removing debris, we will fully inspect your gutters and downspouts for any signs of wear or damage. After 30 years in the business, we can spot problems quickly and offer solutions as well.
- Efficiency – We, at Perth Roofing and Gutters, have the know-how and equipment to get your gutters clean and be on our way (and out of your way) in a short time.
- Convenience – At Perth Roofing and Gutters, we want the cleaning and maintaining of your gutters to be as simple as possible. Our staff will schedule an appointment for cleaning and take payment information over the phone or on our website; you do not need to be on site for the cleanup. We recommend that you schedule regular cleaning appointments six months apart to be sure your gutters are up to par.
- Safety – Having access to the necessary materials for gutter cleaning does not mean that you should attempt gutter cleaning. At Perth Roofing and Gutters, we are professionals who have the necessary safety equipment and training to do the job safely. Falls from ladders account for hundreds of emergency room visits every year, so unless you are well trained and extremely comfortable on top of a ladder, it is best to let a professional clean your gutters.